Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Day "Off"


Why does the day seem so much shorter when I am not at work?  I really didn't feel well and haven't for two weeks now and I woke up late so I decided to take the DAY OFF! Well, after I got the kids to school, I spent an hour or so at WalMart and got to spend some time with Jamie. I hemmed Harrison some pants because all five pairs of his uniform pants have the knees ripped out.  Wow. What a thrilling day. Ok it was good.  I did not work in the nap that I had planned. 
I sent Harrison to school with 10 dollars to purchase his parents a gift at the Santa shop.  Guess what he came home with! A plastic dinosaur and a spiderman that grows in water. It only takes 3 days to reach full size! I can't wait! We returned to the Santa shop this evening and I gave him some more money to buy me a gift; some nice potholders I think. I stepped outside so my gift would be a surprise. Then we went to the dollar store to buy gifts for the stocking Harrison's class is putting together for Salvation Army. He is gradually learning to think of and to buy for others. I really appreciate this project his teacher has put together. Learning to share is difficult.  I want to give a fabulous gift to everyone but these days it's just not possible. Sometimes sharing simple gifts has to be enough.

I finally got the tree up and it is complete with real candy canes you can pick and eat. 

"A voice cries out:
In the desert prepare the way of the Lord!
Make straight in the wasteland a highway for our God!" Isaiah 40


No comments: